Slow Cooker Moroccan Chicken
A nice slow cooker chicken recipe to try !
* 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 2 inch pieces
* 4 cloves garlic, chopped
* 1 large onion, chopped
* 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
* 3 fresh peaches - peeled, pitted and sliced
* 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
* 1 cup chopped dried apricots
* 2 teaspoons ground cumin
* 1 teaspoon ground ginger
* 1 teaspoon cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
* 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* 2 cups chicken broth
* 1 tablespoon cornstarch
* 1 tablespoon water
* 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
* 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
1. Place chicken in the bottom of a slow cooker. Add the garlic, onion, tomatoes, peaches, garbanzo beans, dried apricots, cumin, ginger, cinnamon, coriander, and cayenne pepper. Pour in the chicken broth. Cook on Low for 5 hours.
2. Remove the chicken and keep warm. Mix the cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Stir the cornstarch mixture into the slow cooker. Cook on High until the sauce has thickened, about 15 minutes. Return the chicken to the slow cooker and heat through. Top with fresh cilantro and almonds before serving. The slow cooker chicken recipe Moroccan style is ready to serve..nice ! Enjoy it !